Many people think that the road to success is a paved Super Highway. In reality, it is an off road experience! Here are the 10 Things Successful People Know About the Road To Success:
- You won't find a well marked exit ramp. You have to create your own.
- You won't find signs that point the way. Usually you discover those when you look back on your journey.
- You won't be competing for a space in the flow of traffic, because there are no traffic jams where you are going.
- You won’t typically run into detours predetermined by others. Obstacles may restrict your progress, but that’s to be expected. You will reroute and navigate through unfamiliar places.
- There won’t be any convenient rest areas. But, it will be important to take advantage of those great “view points” along the way and appreciate the new perspectives you’ve gained. So make sure to take a break and recharge.
- You won’t be restricted by a speed limit. Go as fast as you like. Just keep in mind that most successful people will tell you that the journey takes time.
- You won’t find a “carpool” lane. However, significant success comes quicker when you include others that share the vision for a more desirable future.
- It is acceptable to ask for directions. But make sure you ask people who know what it’s like to have mud on their shoes.
- You won’t find a bridge where there is deep water. Don’t wait for the government to provide one, build your own.
- You won’t find a well lit tunnel when you come to the mountains that stand between you and the horizon. Just put yourself in gear and start climbing!
If you can reach your sales goals in the next 30 days by playing it safe, you’re selling yourself short of your potential!
If your goal is to create a “Wow, I wasn’t expecting that!” Customer Experience and to gain a long term relationship for your business, you have to do what your competition isn’t dreaming of or willing to do.
If you want to get referrals (word of mouth marketing) from super satisfied customers, you have to go the extra mile for them and then ask for the referral.
It will be uncomfortable and bumpy at times. Do what you already know you need to do, but kept putting it off because your comfortable or concerned about what others might think.
If you want to reach your goals - you have to declare what they are, develop an adventurous spirit and break away from the crowd!
You can make 2016 the best year ever! Make the decisions about where you want to go and who you want to be, take ahold of the wheel and get off the highway.